As a moral statement I have chosen to quit using big social media and big tech. The irony is that my tiny boycott against the bigs costs only me.
I have closed all my social media accounts in part because:
- they spread disinformation and lies for immense profit,
- they are purposefully addictive (the above works),
- they are economically way too big and suppress vital competition,
- they are politically biased (the right embraces lying and conspiracy much more than the left), and
- they cause great anxiety.